lunes, 16 de febrero de 2009

Pork stuffed Pork, Tenderloin stuffed with Pancetta

This was inspired by what was in the fridge and had to be used before it went bad. Luckily, it was really delicious, and the fattiness of the pancetta balanced out the lean meat of the tenderloin.3 cloves garlic
2 carrots
3 ripe tomatoes
3 small cebolletas
1 Green Pepper
750 g Pancetta
2 Pork Tenderloins
1 guindilla pepper
4 sprigs of thyme
Cognac
1 tbsp honey mixed with 1/4 cup hot water
s + p

I started off by slicing the garlic and dicing the cebolletas and the rest of the veggies. Put a few tbspns of olive oil in a saute pan and added the garlic once heated, for about a minute then the onion. Let that go until the onions had sweated for a few minutes and then added the carrots and pepper.
While I let that cook for a few minutes, I had cleaned the tenderloins trimming any additional fat, and silverskin. Then I butterflied the tenderloins in half and salted the interior with salt and pepper and then added the 2-3 strips of pancetta.
Closed the tenderloin and then with some butcher's string tied it up (a technique I'm still trying to get better at, particularly distributing and tying it correctly so it looks uniform). I then seared in a separate pan both tenderloins, and added the tomatoes to the vegetables.
After the pork had seared off, I cubed up a couple strips of extra pancetta and cooked them for a couple minutes and then deglazed the pan with 1/4 cup of cognac, and added that to the pan with the veggies and pork.
Finally, I heated up a quarter cup of water and melted a tablespoon of honey (milflores) into it and added it to the veggies. I tied up 4-5 sprigs of thyme with some string, and added that along with a guindilla pepper into the pan. I let everything cook, covered, in the pan for about 30 minutes on low heat, flipping the tenderloins half way through. After 30 minutes the pork tenderloins were about 168 degrees celsius when I removed them and let them rest while I reduced the veggies and juices into a sauce.

Next up... Heston Blumenthal's, In search of Perfection, Vodka and Beer battered fish recipe

0 comments:

Publicar un comentario